Choosing And Using Bricks In The Domestic Environment
The use of ceramic bricks is a means of construction that has been used for centuries. This is largely due to the fact that clay brickwork has a tendecy to be very strong and durable as well as visually attractive. You will find there’s a wide range of distinct designs and hues of bricks that can be purchased these days hence it might be a challenging job to select the right type.
The sort of brick you opt for will depend first of all on what you plan to use it for, and secondly, whether it is going to be on display or concealed with plaster and paint. With respect to the abovementioned, it stands to reason that you’ll want to use a paving brick when you’re putting down paving and face brick or concrete building bricks when you are constructing walls. Sad to say surface or ‘face’ brick, that is so called because it is visible when construction is finished, is inclined to be more costly as it needs to be aesthetically pleasing. If you’ve ever noticed a house with raw cement block wall surfaces then you will know very well what we mean by ‘visually appealing’. Therefore it’s likely that the amount of face brick you ultimately use will probably depend on what you wish to fork out. On the other hand, you might adore the look of surface brick so much that you will put a major dent in your pocketbook to have it. For more information on construction materials, go to http://www.sandpit.co.za.
Surface bricks come in a variety of colors ranging from a soft orange through to an extremely dark brown hue. Several have a pink hue whilst others are red, purplish, dark brown or even grey in appearance. The shade of the brick is caused by the deposits found therein. For instance, yellow bricks have got a substantial lime-content while pink ones have got more iron in them and the darker the coloration the higher the content. Besides being available in a variety of colors, face bricks also come in a variety of textures thus you will need to give some thought to the texture you want at the same time. Coarse, natural-looking bricks tend to give a traditional look while smooth yellow-colored or grey bricks lend a modern, urbane feel.
Needless to say, it isn’t always necessary to employ solid exterior bricks to give the appearance of brickwork. Brick wall covering, which is essentially a thin brick-like veneer, may be used to give the look of a wall made of solid surface brick, so keep this in mind while you’re considering what you want the outside wall surfaces of your home to look like. If you are one of those folks who doesn’t have a particular liking for the look of surface brick and plan on going for plaster walls for your home then you may decide on your less attractive cement bricks for home and backyard walls because they will not be seen.
Then again, one or two final points to keep in mind are that surface bricks can increase the value of your home because they look good and , aside from being durable, are resistant to fire and have excellent thermal properties. With reasons such as this it is not actually surprising that people choose to make use of surface brickwork in the residential setting.
Blog Post History
- Would You Use Photo Software? written Oct 17, 2012 11:01pm ago
- Choices Which You Have With A Photo Book written Oct 17, 2012 10:51pm ago
- Picking Out Your Wedding Decor written Oct 17, 2012 10:38pm ago
- So Why Hire Candles? written Oct 17, 2012 10:23pm ago
- Preparing Is Vital To Success written Oct 17, 2012 10:10pm ago
- Choices For Kitchen Counter Surfaces written Oct 17, 2012 1:37pm ago
- Exactly How Do Instructional Games Work? written Oct 17, 2012 11:55am ago
- Important Elements Of Childhood Growth written Oct 17, 2012 11:35am ago
- Precisely What Instructive Games Accomplish written Oct 17, 2012 11:02am ago
- The Actual Mind Of Your Youngster written Oct 17, 2012 10:42am ago
- Thousands and Thousands of Wedding Cakes written Oct 8, 2012 7:44pm ago
- Types Of Cover You Can Aquire With The Help Of Car Insurance Quotations written Oct 1, 2012 9:37am ago
- Have You Been Thinking about Timber Flooring? What You Need To Know written Oct 1, 2012 9:20am ago
- Just What Gear For Your Construction Project written Oct 1, 2012 9:08am ago
- Call Centre Management Software To Ensure Smooth Operators written Oct 1, 2012 9:01am ago
- Commercial Insurance- Acquiring The Cover You Need To Be Safe written Oct 1, 2012 8:51am ago
- Bakkies For Sale In The Local Industry written Oct 1, 2012 8:29am ago
- The buzz Of The Double Cab 4x4 written Oct 1, 2012 7:49am ago
- The Popularity Of The Double Cab 4x4 written Oct 1, 2012 7:49am ago
- 4x4 Vehicles In The Local Sector written Sep 30, 2012 7:26pm ago