2010 Census Coming Soon to St. George, Utah
The official 2010 Census will be in the mail this week to every St. George, Utah household and every other household in the country. This is a government ritual that is repeated every 10 years to help define the United States population.
Most of the nation’s 120 million residents will be getting their census forms in the mail by mid-March. Residents who do not return the questionnaire through the mail will receive a visit from a Census worker. Therefore, St. George is challenging all its residents to exceed their participation level in this year’s Census from their participation level in the 2000 census.
Many people don’t realize how vitally important the census is. It is so important that every single person be counted so that Washington County can receive its fair share of federal funding. The federal government distributes over $400 billion each year to tribal, state and local governments based on census data. The data collected will also help determine where child care and senior centers will be located, where new roads will be put, where hospitals will be built and where schools will be added.
The US Constitution has mandated the census; therefore, citizen participation is required by law. So, if you are unable to complete the census and return it by mail, a census worker will be by to collect the much needed information.
St. George officials are careful to protect their residents, so census workers will be carrying official government badges with their names clearly marked. They are also required to show a separate photo I.D. upon request. The census workers will only be asking 10 questions off the form, which can also be found on the bureau’s website. Census questions will never ask for your social security number or other private information such as financial or credit information. Questions asked will include your name, age, race, residence, phone number, etc.
So, since it’s that time once again, let’s be sure to all participate, get our census forms back in on time and get that participation level up.
Blog Post History
- Start with Better FICO Scores for Better Mortgage Rates written Nov 2, 2011 10:37pm ago
- 150th Anniversary of St. George’s “Cotton Mission” written Oct 6, 2011 12:52am ago
- Saint George’s Las Palmas Condos written Sep 28, 2011 11:07pm ago
- Retirement Communities in St. George, Utah written Sep 21, 2011 11:58pm ago
- Fun and Excitement of St. George written Aug 31, 2011 9:30pm ago
- Wagon Company Expedition Coming to St. George in October written Aug 17, 2011 10:26pm ago
- Decorating Ideas for Your Outdoor Living Space in St. George written Aug 4, 2011 3:17pm ago
- A Mystery Dinner Themed Benefit for Washington County Children’s Justice Center written Jul 21, 2011 12:25am ago
- St. George Town Square Gets New Attraction written Jul 6, 2011 8:35pm ago
- Blunders and Mistakes You Should Avoid in Foreclosure written Jun 30, 2011 1:38am ago
- College Grads in Southern Utah written Jun 16, 2011 12:33am ago
- More Jobs by July are promised by Litehouse Foods in Washington County, UT written Jun 2, 2011 2:19am ago
- Real Estate Recap for St. George written May 19, 2011 2:28am ago
- What to be Wary of When Buying a Foreclosure written May 4, 2011 8:58pm ago
- St. George to Host the Future Championships for the National Softball Tournament written Apr 21, 2011 1:50am ago
- Market Reports: By 2015, New Homes will be Smaller, Greener and More Casual written Apr 6, 2011 4:45pm ago
- New Flights from St. George to Surrounding Large Cities Available written Mar 30, 2011 8:50pm ago
- SkyWest Airlines’ Eleventh Annual Mini Indy Puts Charity on the Fast Track in St. George written Mar 17, 2011 2:10am ago
- In Fourth Quarter of 2010, Late Mortgage Payments Fall written Mar 2, 2011 10:50pm ago
- Reverse Mortgage of a New Variety Aims to Cut Costs written Feb 17, 2011 2:32am ago