St. George Town Square Gets New Attraction
The town square in St. George, UT has acquired a new attraction. The downtown park has recently become a hot attraction for young mothers and children during the summer. It’s the interactive water features that attract hundreds of St. George residents and visitors on a daily basis. Therefore, the St. George City Council has decided to add to the attraction of this popular spot. There is now an old fashion carousel ride for everyone in the St. George area to enjoy. The carousel will add to the nostalgia and charm of the popular park and its historic settings.
The St. George City Park Division had crews busy through the month of June preparing the site for the carousel, which was set to arrive on June 27th. There was even a special dedication ceremony on July 4th, just in time for the Independence Day festivities.
Many families are already enjoying the new feature and agree it is a perfect addition. It is a 36 foot classic style carousel that was built in the early 90’s and has recently undergone a two-year refurbishment process. There have been over 1,000 lights, two additional sleighs and 30 hand painted horses added. The carousel was purchased from the Chance Morgan Company from Hurlbut Amusement Company in Southern California.
The carousel will be open for rides Monday-Thursday from 11:00am to 8:00pm and Friday and Saturday from 11:00am to 9:00pm. The ride will be closed on Sundays. The cost is just $1.
Blog Post History
- Start with Better FICO Scores for Better Mortgage Rates written Nov 2, 2011 10:37pm ago
- 150th Anniversary of St. George’s “Cotton Mission” written Oct 6, 2011 12:52am ago
- Saint George’s Las Palmas Condos written Sep 28, 2011 11:07pm ago
- Retirement Communities in St. George, Utah written Sep 21, 2011 11:58pm ago
- Fun and Excitement of St. George written Aug 31, 2011 9:30pm ago
- Wagon Company Expedition Coming to St. George in October written Aug 17, 2011 10:26pm ago
- Decorating Ideas for Your Outdoor Living Space in St. George written Aug 4, 2011 3:17pm ago
- A Mystery Dinner Themed Benefit for Washington County Children’s Justice Center written Jul 21, 2011 12:25am ago
- St. George Town Square Gets New Attraction written Jul 6, 2011 8:35pm ago
- Blunders and Mistakes You Should Avoid in Foreclosure written Jun 30, 2011 1:38am ago
- College Grads in Southern Utah written Jun 16, 2011 12:33am ago
- More Jobs by July are promised by Litehouse Foods in Washington County, UT written Jun 2, 2011 2:19am ago
- Real Estate Recap for St. George written May 19, 2011 2:28am ago
- What to be Wary of When Buying a Foreclosure written May 4, 2011 8:58pm ago
- St. George to Host the Future Championships for the National Softball Tournament written Apr 21, 2011 1:50am ago
- Market Reports: By 2015, New Homes will be Smaller, Greener and More Casual written Apr 6, 2011 4:45pm ago
- New Flights from St. George to Surrounding Large Cities Available written Mar 30, 2011 8:50pm ago
- SkyWest Airlines’ Eleventh Annual Mini Indy Puts Charity on the Fast Track in St. George written Mar 17, 2011 2:10am ago
- In Fourth Quarter of 2010, Late Mortgage Payments Fall written Mar 2, 2011 10:50pm ago
- Reverse Mortgage of a New Variety Aims to Cut Costs written Feb 17, 2011 2:32am ago